Alleluia! The Lord is Risen!
Again we had joyful and uplifting Holy Week and Easter services. The ringing of bells, the wonderful music, the return of Alleluias, and joyous shouts of “Christ is risen! He is risen indeed!” all witness to the faith in Jesus at St. George’s!
Many thanks to those who are so instrumental, year after year, in bringing about our liturgies, the “work of the people”. Special thanks to Nancy Ypma and the Choir; to Nolan Haefner and our ushers; to our dedicated readers, chalice bearers, and acolytes; to Duffy Walters and the Altar Guild; and to Mae Scott for our annual Easter Egg Hunt.
May God richly bless us during these 50 days of Easter! Fr. Dale +
Bishop Martins to Visit Sunday, May 3
The Rt. Rev. Daniel and Mrs. Brenda Martins will visit St. George’s on Sunday, May 3. Bishop Martins will preach and celebrate at both the 8:00 and 10:30 services, and speak at the Rector’s Forum about his trip to Cuba and the upcoming General Convention where a new Presiding Bishop will be elected. We will also have a baptism and confirmation! In addition, Bishop Martins will say a blessing and dedicate our Parish Library in memory of The Very Rev. Leslie Wilson, who retired to Belleville in 1972 and proceeded to work tirelessly at St. George’s for the next thirty years.
Join us for our Bishop’ visit and these events in the lives of our parish family.
The Sunday School Year is Almost Over
- May 3 – Children meet at 9:00 am in the Chapel: Bishop Martins will lead the Forum at 9:15 am in the Parish Hall
- May 10 – Mother’s Day: Children meet in the Chapel; Last Week of the Rector’s Forum on Our Anglican Heritage
- May 17 – End of year potluck breakfast in the Parish Hall at 9:00 am to celebrate of our students and choristers and thank our teachers and parents.
- May 24 – Memorial Day Weekend
- May 31 – Eucharist in the Church at 8:00 am; Eucharist in the Chapel at Toddhall at 11:00 am, followed by Parish Picnic