When we say in our mission statement that we wish “to love and serve the Lord,” we commit ourselves to the kind of challenging, ongoing study that stimulates our minds and hearts and helps us grow in the knowledge and love of God. Sound Christian education is thus essential to living out our mission. At St. George’s, education takes many forms. We believe it is important to provide a solid foundation for Christian Formation with our youth.
Children’s Sunday School is available September through May. All ages meet together at 9:00 AM in the chapel for a Gathering of Song. Childcare is available for children up to 6 years of age in the Nursery.
Sunday School Curricula
▪ Pre-K (age 3 or 4) to 5th Grade: Seedlings
▪ 6th– 8th Grade: Sparkhouse Connect Curriculum
Confirmation is available to Junior High aged Students and older. See the rector for more information about Confirmation Preparation Classes.
▪ High School: Living the Good News curriculum
Our curricula were carefully chosen to help deepen the spiritual understanding of our Christian faith.
For our younger children St. George’s uses the Seedlings curriculum. This four-year program is designed for preschool through sixth grade. Developed in the Episcopal tradition, Seedlings provides an introduction to the Bible, its major themes, stories and events.
As the children move into 6th grade we begin to learn with Our junior high youth use the Sparkhouse Connect program. It combines video presentations with Bible study, following five Old Testament units and five New Testament units, guiding our youth through the Bible over the course of three years. It focuses on three ways to experience the Bible stories:
● See – Start lessons by watching an animated video that reveals a key biblical theme
● Explore – Use the Connect Bibles to read, highlight, and sketch as they search for passages that relate to the lesson theme
● Make – Make associations between biblical themes and their own lives with activities and projects that get them creating, collaborating, and connecting
Our entire Sunday School population joins together for several fun activities each year:
- St. George’s Pumpkin Patch- Sunday Before Halloween
- Christmas Pageant- Sunday before Christmas
- Easter Egg Hunt- Easter Sunday at 9:30 AM
- End of Sunday School Brunch- Sunday before Memorial Day
For more information please contact the office.