In coming to St. George’s I found a faithful, loving community of folks who wanted to hear the Gospel – The Good News – of Jesus proclaimed, and who cared about being a Christian Community active in the neighborhood of downtown Belleville.
The faith community of St. George’s is committed to staying in downtown Belleville, sharing the worship and office space with St. Mark ELCA Lutherans, continuing Outreach efforts, and being centered on Christ providing a welcome to everyone seeking a church home.
We are deeply concerned about those who wear our country’s military uniform and their families. We have very active Sunday School, adult spiritual and education programs, and one of the finest music programs found anywhere! Many of the youngsters and oldsters are active in a variety of healing and renewal ministries. We believe your mind and conscience matter, and we won’t yell at you from the pulpit!
We are both Catholic and Protestant, Evangelical, Apostolic and Reformed, where the whole Bible is read, where all the Sacraments are administered, and where there is political and intellectual liberty, where the worship is dignified and beautiful in accordance with that treasury of public praise and liturgy known as the Book of Common Prayer.
Come and join us at worship on Sundays at 8:00 am (said service), or 10:30 am (choral service). Everyone is welcome!
Fr. Dale Coleman, Rector
This Week at St. George’s
- July 27, Sunday – Seventh Sunday after Pentecost, Ordinary Time
- Father Dale is doing a series of sermons over the summer on our readings from St. Paul’s epistle to the Romans. Come each Sunday to hear the progression of St. Paul’s thoughts and follow his argument for Christianity
- Summer Forum – Parishioner Dee Zopp continues her series on the “Bad Girls of the Bible” during the Forum in the Parish Hall at 9:10 am. Today we will learn about the Samaritan Woman (John 4:6-42 and next week it’s Mary Magdalene. Everyone is welcome to join us for this casual Bible study.
- August 17 – Tenth Sunday after Pentecost, Ordinary Time
- The Rt. Rev. Edward Salmon, retired bishop of the Diocese of South Carolina and Dean of Nashotah House Seminary, will be with us to preach at both the 8:00 and 10:30 am Sunday Eucharists on August 17. Bishop Salmon will have led a retreat for St. George’s Vestry the previous day. Come and hear this wonderful preacher!
- August 24, Sunday – Eleventh Sunday after Pentecost, Ordinary Time
- Our Annual Ministries Fair will take place from 9:00 until 10:15 am in the Parish Hall. This is an opportunity to learn about the many ministries that take place at St. George’s – everything from how folks assist with our worship, to caring for our property, to supporting one another in prayer, to caring for the less fortunate in our community, and more! This is also an opportunity to register children for Sunday School and let them meet our teachers and have fun with each other. Maybe you will even an area where you are interested in helping. . .