Welcome to St. George’s – We are glad you have chosen to worship with us today! Please sign our guest book and join us for refreshments and fellowship after each service.
Sunday School for All Ages
- Children and youth gather in the Chapel at 9:00 am to sing and share good news before moving to classes. Ages 3 thru 3rd grade use Godly Play, and Brian Maves prepares lessons for the others.
- The Rector’s Forum meets in the parish hall at 9:10 am, where Father Dale is showing slides of the development of Christianity in England. Everyone is welcome!
- The Lambeth / African Bible Study is a second option for adults. This meditative study uses the Gospel reading for the day. They meet in the conference room at 9:15.
WEDG – the Women’s Ecumenical Dining Group will meet for lunch this week on Wednesday, November 9, 11:30 am, at Peel Wood Fired Pizza & Brewery in O’Fallon (104 S Cherry Street, O’Fallon, 726-2244). WEDG gatherings are always Dutch treat, and all women age 18 and up are welcome. Please call the church office for reservations – we need a head count. Come for Good Fun, Good Food, and Good Conversation!
Thanksgiving Service – St. George’s will give thanks to God for our many blessings on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 24th, at 10:00 am with a service of Holy Eucharist in our beautiful Chapel.
Food Pantry – Please continue to remember us with your donations of canned meat, fish, fruit, and vegetables, and dry goods such as cereal, pasta, rice and beans and cleaning and grooming items. Right now we could really use spaghetti sauce and peanut butter. Leave any donations in the narthex on Sunday, or bring them to the church office during the week. Thank you for helping to feed the needy in our community.
Angel Tree – St. George’s Community Service Commission will again work with Lutheran Family Services to provide Christmas gifts for children who might not otherwise receive anything. The Angel Tree will be up in the narthex in a week or two, and it’s easy to help if you are able! Choose a child (or two) from the Angel Tree and take several of the gift tags. The spending limit is $50 per child. Return the gifts unwrapped (if you can include wrapping paper for later, it is appreciated!). Print the child’s name and information on a tag and attach to each gift. Place gifts with tags and paper in a Red Bag from the narthex and leave them on the last two pews on the far left of the church, or bring them to the church office. Please return Christmas gifts by December 9th. Thank you!
Save these Dates:
- St. George’s Choir will again take part in the annual Advent Lessons & Carols at Christ Church Cathedral in St. Louis. The service takes place Sunday, December 4, at 6:00 pm.
- St. George’s next Red Cross Blood Drive is scheduled for 9:00 am to 1:00 pm on Sunday, December 11, in the Parish Hall.
All baptized persons are welcome to receive Communion. We believe this is Christ’s Body and Blood, according to Christ’s very promise. One appropriately receives the consecrated wafer on your hands (right over left) and raises it to your mouth, or receives it directly on your tongue. Then assist the chalice bearer in guiding the chalice to your lips. If you wish to receive by “intinction”, leave the host on your palm and the chalice bearer will pick it up, intinct, and place it on your tongue. Do not intinct yourself – this prevents fingers touching the wine. If you do not wish to receive the chalice, please indicate this by crossing your arms over your chest.
If you would like unction (anointing and healing prayer by the priest), please indicate this at the altar rail. Members of the Order of St. Luke are available on the south side of the church (near the votive candles) for additional prayer for those who wish. Simply move to that location after receiving communion.
- Restrooms are on the lower level. The stairway is just off the entrance and an accessibility lift is located in the narthex.
- Child Care is available for infants to age six from 9:00 – 11:45 am. The Nursery is at top of the stairs in the Sunday School Building.
- Assistive Listening Devices and large print copies of the Book of Common Prayer are available. Please ask an usher for assistance.
|Mon, Nov 7|| 6:30 pm – Order of St. Luke, Conference Room
6:30 pm – Cub Scouts, Parish Hall, Rooms 3, 4 & 6
|Tues, Nov 8||Election Day
Clergy Conference at Toddhall
|Wed, Nov 9||Clergy Conference at Toddhall
9:30 am – NO Eucharist & Healing Service this week
11:30 am – WEDG, Peel Pizza
5:30 pm – Choristers Rehearsal
7:30 pm – Choir Rehearsal
|Thurs, Nov 10|
|Fri, Nov 11||Veteran’s Day|
|Sat, Nov 12|
| 8:00 am – Holy Eucharist
9:00 am – Christian Education Classes
10:30 am – Holy Eucharist