Welcome to St. George’s – We are glad you have chosen to worship with us today! Please sign our guest book and join us for refreshments and fellowship after each service.
Sunday School for All Ages
- Children and youth gather in the Chapel at 9:00 am to sing and share good news before moving to classes. Ages 3 thru 3rd grade use Godly Play, and Brian Maves prepares lessons for the others.
- Welcome back to Fr. Arnold Hoffman, who is with us today while Fr. Dale has a Sunday off. There will be no formal Adult Forum today, just a chance to visit with each other and Fr. Hoffman.
- The Lambeth / African Bible Study is a second option for adults. This meditative study uses the Gospel reading for the day. They meet in the conference room at 9:15.
November Dragon – Please pick up your newsletter in the narthex this morning. There are also some extra copies for visitors.
We will observe All the Faithful Departed at the regular 9:30 am service this Wednesday, November 2. If you would like to add the name of a deceased friend or family member to the prayer list for that day, please contact the parish office.
The Community Service Commission will meet this Wednesday evening at 6:00 pm at the Bread Company on Main Street. It’s time to plan for the Angel Tree! Newcomers are always welcome.
Darrow Deanery Ultreya – All Cursillistas are all invited to attend an Ultreya at St. George’s this Saturday evening, November 5, from 4:00 to 7:00 pm. It’s a potluck, so bring a dish to share. We will end by attending the monthly SHINE service at 6:00 pm in the Chapel. Please call Cindy Lynk with any questions – 288-4439.
Daylight Savings Time Ends next Sunday, November 6. Set your Clocks back one hour and get some extra sleep!
The Forward Day by Day devotional booklets for November, December, and January are available in the narthex and office.
WEDG – the Women’s Ecumenical Dining Group will meet for lunch at Peel Wood Fired Pizza & Brewery on Wednesday, November 9, 11:30 am. Peel is located at 104 S Cherry Street, O’Fallon, 726-2244. From Highway 50 in O’Fallon, go north on Lincoln Street, turn left on 1st Street (immediately before railroad tracks), and it’s a two story building at end of the block on the left. WEDG gatherings are always Dutch treat, and all women age 18 and up are welcome. Please call the church office for reservations – we need a head count. Come for Good Fun, Good Food, and Good Conversation!
Sexton – Jeff Holtgrewe will be on vacation next week, October 31 through November 4. We will try and get the trash out and check bathrooms every day, but please be patient with everything else. Jeff will be back Saturday to have things ready for us by next Sunday morning.
Food Pantry – Please continue to remember us with your donations of canned meat, fish, fruit, and vegetables, and dry goods such as cereal, pasta, rice and beans and cleaning and grooming items. Right now we are particularly short on spaghetti sauce and toilet paper. Bring any donations to church on Sunday, or to the office during the week. Thank you for helping to feed the needy in our community.
All baptized persons are welcome to receive Communion. We believe this is Christ’s Body and Blood, according to Christ’s very promise. One appropriately receives the consecrated wafer on your hands (right over left) and raises it to your mouth, or receives it directly on your tongue. Then assist the chalice bearer in guiding the chalice to your lips. If you wish to receive by “intinction”, leave the host on your palm and the chalice bearer will pick it up, intinct, and place it on your tongue. Do not intinct yourself – this prevents fingers touching the wine. If you do not wish to receive the chalice, please indicate this by crossing your arms over your chest.
If you would like unction (anointing and healing prayer by the priest), please indicate this at the altar rail. Members of the Order of St. Luke are available on the south side of the church (near the votive candles) for additional prayer for those who wish. Simply move to that location after receiving communion.
- Restrooms are on the lower level. The stairway is just off the entrance and an accessibility lift is located in the narthex.
- Child Care is available for infants to age six from 9:00 – 11:45 am. The Nursery is at top of the stairs in the Sunday School Building.
- Assistive Listening Devices and large print copies of the Book of Common Prayer are available. Please ask an usher for assistance.
- Pastoral Emergencies after hours: Father Dale’s cell is 789-3723; Deacon Jody’s cell is 505-913-0375; and home is 416-1074.
|Mon, Oct 31||6:30 pm – Cub Scouts, Parish Hall, Rooms 3, 4 & 6|
|Tues, Nov 1||6:00 pm – Lutheran School of Theology, Parish Hall|
|Wed, Nov 2|| 9:30 am – Eucharist & Healing Service, Chapel
5:30 pm – NO Choristers Rehearsal this week
6:00 pm – Community Service Comm, Bread Co
7:30 pm – Choir Rehearsal
|Thurs, Nov 3|
|Fri, Nov 4|
|Sat, Nov 5|| 4:00 pm – Darrow Deanery Ultreya, Parish Hall
6:00 pm – SHINE Service, Chapel
|Daylight Savings Ends
8:00 am – Holy Eucharist
9:00 am – Christian Education Classes
10:30 am – Holy Eucharist
12:00 pm – Food Pantry Steering Comm, Conf Room