Welcome to St. George’s – We are glad you have chosen to worship with us today! Please sign our guest book and join us for refreshments and fellowship after each service.
Welcome and thank you again to Pastor Ron Neustadt for preaching and celebrating today while Father Dale & Deacon Jody take the weekend off.
WEDG – The Women’s Ecumenical Dining Group will meet for dinner tomorrow night, 6:30 pm, at Main Street 4204 Brewing Company, located at – obviously – 4204 Main Street in Belleville (phone 416-7261). It’s time to eat, relax, and enjoy chatting with everyone. Please call the office, 233-6320, for reservations (head count). Come for Good Fun, Good Food, and Good Conversation!
Rally Day – Everyone is invited to join us in the parish hall Sunday, August 28, 9:00 am, to kick‐off the new program year with an ever‐popular potluck breakfast! Come enjoy your parish family, and bring a dish to share. The theme this year is a Luau, and we will have games and fun for the children, as well as an opportunity to visit with you fellow parishioners and catch up after the summer holiday. Sunday School classes for everyone begin September 11th.
Choir and Chorister rehearsals resume September 7th. All 2nd – 7th graders are invited to join Choristers, who use the Royal School of Church Music program and learn how to read music and about the church and its traditions. Choristers rehearse 5:30 – 6:30 pm each Wednesday, and sing every other Sunday and Christmas Eve.
The Adult Choir rehearses 7:30 – 9:00 pm on Wednesdays. You will be able to learn your part during rehearsals even if you don’t read music. This choir is for everyone high school age and up, and tenors and basses are especially needed! The Adult Choir sings every Sunday and on Feast Days.
Please contact Nancy Ypma if you have any questions – 234-1947 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteers are important!
- Could you mow the lawn once? (or maybe twice?) St. George’s is responsible for mowing in August and October, and St. Mark covers alternate months. Use our lawn mower or bring your own. Contact Joe Hooten if you can help – email@example.com or 576-9693.
- We also need volunteers to assist on the crew who changes light bulbs. If you can help regularly or on occasion with either one of these, please contact Joe Hooten as listed above.
- Thank you to David Buckley and Joe Hooten, who changed the spotlight in the church last week – that’s a big job! And to Don Muller who had ordered the proper bulbs “just in case”!
The Annual Belleville Chili Cook-Off is October 7 & 8. This will be the 21st year St. George’s makes and sells our popular Dragon’s Breath and Dragon’s Fire White Chili. (From 30 gallons the first year to 250 gallons last year, and we still sold out early!) We donate the proceeds from this event to the Franklin Neighborhood Community Association – $8,000 last year! We need lots of volunteers to assist in many areas, and will hold a planning meeting at 9:15 am on Sunday, August 21, in the parish hall. If you are interested in helping with the Chili Cook-off, or if you have any questions or suggestions, please attend!!!
All baptized persons are welcome to receive Communion. We believe this is Christ’s Body and Blood, according to Christ’s very promise. One appropriately receives the consecrated wafer on your hands (right over left) and raises it to your mouth, or receives it directly on your tongue. Then assist the chalice bearer in guiding the chalice to your lips. If you wish to receive by “intinction”, leave the host on your palm and the chalice bearer will pick it up, intinct, and place it on your tongue. Do not intinct yourself – this prevents fingers touching the wine. If you do not wish to receive the chalice, please indicate this by crossing your arms over your chest.
The Forward Day by Day devotionals for August, September, and October are available in the office and the narthex.
If you would like unction (anointing and healing prayer by the priest), please indicate this at the altar rail. Members of the Order of St. Luke are available on the south side of the church (near the votive candles) for additional prayer for those who wish. Simply move to that location after receiving communion
- Restrooms are on the lower level. The stairway is just off the entrance and an accessibility lift is located in the narthex.
- Child Care is available for infants to age six from 9:00 – 11:45 am. The Nursery is at top of the stairs in the Sunday School Building.
- Assistive Listening Devices and large print copies of the Book of Common Prayer are available. Please ask an usher for assistance.
|Mon, Aug 8||6:30 pm – WEDG, 4204 Brewing Co.|
|Tues, Aug 9|
|Wed, Aug 10||9:30 am – Eucharist & Healing Service, Chapel|
|Thurs, Aug 11|
|Fri, Aug 12|
|Sat, Aug 13|
| 8:00 am – Holy Eucharist
10:30 am – Holy Eucharist