St George’s Episcopal Church
- Sunday 8:00 am Holy Eucharist, 9:00 am Church School, 9:15 am Adult Forum – Book of Daniel, 10:30 am Holy Eucharist, 11:45 am Liturgical Commission Meeting, 3:00 pm Blessing of Animals
- Monday OFFICE CLOSED
- Wednesday 9:30 am Holy Eucharist, 10:00 am Prayer Group, 5:30 pm Choristers, 7:30 pm Choir
- Friday 9:00 am Crisis Fund
- Saturday 9:00 am Joint Altar Guild Work Day
- Sunday 8:00 am Holy Eucharist, 9:00 am Church School, 9:15 am Adult Forum – Book of Daniel, 10:30 am Holy Eucharist, 4:30 pm Joint meeting with St. Mark
FOR PASTORAL CARE AFTER OFFICE HOURS, you can reach Fr. Dale at 789-3723. Fr. Dale’s e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org He takes Monday as his day off. To schedule an appointment with Fr. Dale, call Janet at the parish office, 233-6320.
THE ALTAR FLOWERS are given to the Glory of God today by Joe Bono in loving memory of his wife Terri and by Tim Just in loving memory of his wife Sheryn.
THE SANCTUARY LIGHT is lit today to the Glory of God by Sheri & David Welch in loving memory of Brad Smale.
GOOD NEWS! CHURCH SCHOOL STARTS AT 9:00 AM IN THE CHAPEL. After the opening the students will go to the classrooms with their teachers.
Morgan Dickey, Church School Superintendent Chelsea Meyer, PreK
Viv Gillispie, Stacie Mize, Donna Rea, Ann Rosanswank Grade. 1-3
Mae Scott – Grade 4-6 Julie Herr, Brian Maves – Grade 7-12.
FR. DALE IS TEACHING THE BOOK OF DANIEL AT THE ADULT FORUM, 9:15 am for the next several Sundays. This is a fascinating book of the Old Testament comprising two separate parts which were put together dating 165BC, the time of the Jewish rebellion against the Syrians. It gives hope to God’s people, especially at times of great suffering and living under foreign oppression. For the past 150 years, it has been used to support all sorts of cranky ideas stemming from the fantasies of John Nelson Darby, now found in the Left Behind fictions. Come and study this Apocalyptic book at St. George’s Adult Forum.
COMMUNITY SERVICE COMMISSION is collecting items for Bethany Place during the month of October. Items needed this year are personal care and hygiene items for men and women, and baby diapers. Thank you in advance for your support.
2012 FLOWER CHART IS POSTED ON THE KIOSK IN THE PARISH HALL. The cost of the altar flowers is $40. Altar flowers can be given in memory of a loved one or occasion of celebration.
THIRD QUARTER FINANCIAL STATEMENTS are on the table in the Canterbury Room.
PLEASE NOTE: A joint meeting of St. George’s Vestry and St. Mark’s Church Council on Sunday, Oct. 16 will initiate a long needed dialogue between the two churches. We encourage any folks leading various ministries to come. This will be an open meeting, beginning at 4:30 pm in the Parish Hall.
THE DIOCESAN SYNOD OF SPRINGFIELD will be hosted this year by St. George’s on Friday and Saturday, October 21 and 22. The Diocesan Eucharist will be a joyful event, Friday evening at 5:00 pm in the Church. Please plan to attend!
HEALING PRAYER – At each service, after communion, a prayer team is available for private healing prayer. The team is located at the chairs on the left side of the Church.
Oct. 9- Liturgical Commission Meeting 11:45 am – Church
Oct. 9 – Wurstmart at Peace Lutheran from 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
Oct. 9 – Blessing of the Animals – 3:00 pm
Oct. 16 – Joint meeting with St. Mark – 4:30 pm – PH
Oct. 21 & 22 – 134th Synod here at St. George’s – Holy Eucharist at 5:00 pm on Friday
+ + +
THE DIOCESAN SYNOD OF SPRINGFIELD
October 21 and 22
- We will be assembling the Synod packets on Tuesday, October 18 at 10:30 am in the Conference Room.
- We also need help on Wednesday, October 19 at 10:15 after the 9:30 am Eucharist.
- On Friday, October 21 and Saturday, October 22 help is needed at the Conference Center. (8 people are needed each day)
- Friday is from 10:30 am – 2:00 pm
- Saturday from 9:00 am – Noon.
Please sign up on the Synod sign-up sheet in the Parish Hall, call the office or you may place this sheet in the offertory plate.
PHONE NUMBER ___________________________
I can help Tuesday _____ Wednesday _____
Friday _____ Saturday ______