St George’s Episcopal Church
- Today 8:00 am Holy Eucharist, 9:10 am Sunday School & Adult Forum, 10:30 am Holy Eucharist
- Monday 4:45 pm Golf at Elmwood, 7:00 pm Vestry – CR
- Wednesday 9:30 am Holy Eucharist /Healing Svc.- Chapel, 10:00 am Prayer Gp. – Conf. Rm., 5:30 pm Choristers – Rm. 3, 7:00 pm Evening Prayer – Church, 7:30 pm Choir
- Thursday 1:00 pm Chili Cook–Off Prep. – Parish Hall
- Next Sunday 8:00 am Holy Eucharist, 9:10 am Sunday School & Adult Forum, 10:30 am Holy Eucharist, 4:00 pm Evensong
FOR PASTORAL CARE AFTER OFFICE HOURS, you can reach Fr. Dale at 416-0620. Fr. Dale’s e-mail address is email@example.com . He takes Monday as his day off. To schedule an appointment with Fr. Dale, call Janet at the parish office, 233-6320.
THE ALTAR FLOWERS are given today to the glory of God by George & Lynette Schneider in loving memory of Grandparents.
THE SANCTUARY LIGHT is lit today to the glory of God by the Shirley Mize in celebration of Robbie & Stacie’s anniversary.
HOLY EUCHARIST AND HEALING SERVICE is in the chapel at 9:30 am celebrated every Wednesday. EVENING PRAYER is offered on Wednesday evenings now with St. Mark parishioners at 7:00 pm in the church. If you would like a chance to officiate ask Fr. Dale.
AT THE DIOCESAN NOMINATING SYNOD HELD AUG. 7, three clergy were nominated to be Bishop of Springfield: THE REV. MATTHEW GUNTER, THE REV. DANIEL MARTINS, and THE REV. MARK STEVENSON. Election will take place this weekend in Springfield Sept. 17-18.
THERE WILL BE A MEETING OF ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN STARTING AN EFM GROUP on Sun., Sept. 19 following the 4:00 Evensong. EFM is a four year study of the Bible and Church history. It also includes theological reflection. Please contact Sarah Bender at 588-3889 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
ST. GEORGE’S ALWAYS WELCOMES NEW VOICES IN OUR CHORAL PROGRAM! We invite you to get involved with our exceptional church choir. The choir sings at the 10:30 am service on Sundays: Sept.- May, & rehearses on Wed. at 7:30 pm. Our Choristers Program for Youth is affiliated with the Royal School of Church Music & rehearses on Wed. at 5:30 pm. Contact Music Director, Nancy Ypma, after church or at 234-1947.
We’re always recruiting ACOLYTES, USHERS, LECTORS & ALTAR GUILD MEMBERS. If you would like to become involved, please let Fr. Dale know of your interest!
AT RALLY DAY, we took photos to create both a poster board identifying everyone and also to attempt to create a St. George’s members photo directory. We will be taking pictures after the services over the next several weeks hoping to take everyone’s picture.
There are two sign up sheets in the parish hall for the CHILI COOKOFF. One is for the cooking schedule and the other is for the booth. Please check your schedule and sign up to support this effort.
ST GEORGE’S BOOK CLUB Sun., Sept. 26, at 4:30 pm in the Parish Hall. We have chosen Tatiana de Rosnay’s novel, Sarah’s Key, for next time. Sign-up sheet, to read a copy of the book purchased for the church library, is on the library table.
CARE AND COUNSELING, a professional counseling service in Metro-East, has hours at St. George’s, Mondays, 3:30-7:00 pm. For appointment with therapist, John Perry, call Care & Counseling, in St. Louis (314) 878-4340.
COFFEE HOUR SCHEDULE
- Today Althoff
- Sept. 19 Miller
- Sept. 26 Cindy Lynk
- Oct. 3 Maves family
- Oct. 10 Mize family
SUNDAY SCHOOL BEGINS TODAY!
- We are offering classes for all ages.
- Children and Youth – Meet in the Chapel for the opening, rousing singing led by Joe Hooten and Chelsea Meyer!
- Then at 9:10 – follow your teachers to classes.
- Pre-School/Kindergarten with Morgan Dickey & Stacie Mize
- First – Third with Vivian Gillispie & Anne Rosanswank
- Fourth – Seventh with Julie Herr & Brian Maves
- Eighth & Senior High with Jackie Coleman & Dana Meyer
ADULT FORUM: LED BY THE RECTOR
Bible Study in the Parish Hall
Fr. Dale will begin a several weeks Bible Study of Paul’s Letter to the Galatians with a historical introduction to Paul’s apostolic mission in the first century world today, Sept. 12. Everyone is welcome. Bring your Bible!